Digital Aerodrome Towers
Transformation of Air Traffic Services
23 – 25 October 2018, Hamburg, Germany
- Get the latest updates on multiple aerodrome tower control solutions
- Uncover advantages of digital traffic control that extend beyond safety and profitability
- Discover the latest technological advancements your peers are using to increase efficiencies via larger implementation within the airport
- Join in on the discussion about change management: how planning, communication and education can shape deployment
- Gain a competitive edge with lessons learned and case studies from key industry partnerships between ANSPs, system developers and airports
- Build a solid understanding of digital tower technologies – their challenges and opportunities and what the future may hold
- Discuss how to increase air traffic safety while cutting down operational costs
In an effort to reduce costs without compromising on safety, many airports are starting to implement the Remote Virtual Tower, especially in remote airports as an alternative to the traditional Air Traffic Control Tower, which consumes more money and manpower. Read the news article below and get an update on the latest projects on that topic!
Find out in this interview with Jörn Jakobi, Business Manager at DLR, why there is a need for Minimum Aviation System Performance Specifications (MASPS) for Remote Tower Optical Systems, how quickly the industry will need to adopt these specifications, and what the aspects of remote towers are that still being researched from a human factor perspective. Read all the answers and download the complete interview here for free:
Sooner or later, we will be traveling between airports that have no personnel in the field tower directing traffic. In several airports that have been tested for over two years, the system has been reliable and accurate. Find out in the article "Remote towers: training, contingencies top the list", where and when the future of digital aerodrome towers will happen:
Transport IQ talked with Jocelyn Clark, Senior HF Specialist & Digital/Remote Tower Human Performance Lead at NATS: read all questions and answers, and download the complete interview here for free.